Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sisters



My girls have become fighting maniacs lately. I am an only child, therefore I do not know what having a sibling is like. But I do know that I want my girls to be good friends that love and respect each other. We have alot of competition going on in our house lately. My girls fight at the drop of a hat. I was starting to get concerned about the constant fighting until I witnessed what I wanted to see today. We went with my oldest daughters preschool to a pumpkin patch. I took my youngest along to enjoy the good times. I witnessed my oldest and youngest work hand in hand to paint a pumpkin. taking turns and sharing and even telling each other good job.. This is what I want. I want my girls to be able to call each other in the middle of the night, years from now telling about a first love, or telling secrets or even cracking jokes about my husband and myself as I am sure they will do( probably about my husband more than me I am sure ;)...). I want my girls to have a best friend in life forever.  I want them to always feel loved equally. I hope that I am instilling these things into them. I know that they can and will be life long close friends.

The Importance Of A Sister

© Shiv Sharma
A sister is someone who loves you from the heart,
No matter how much you argue you cannot be drawn apart.
She is a joy that cannot be taken away,
Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.

A friend who helps you through difficult times,
Her comforting words are worth much more than dimes.
A partner who fills your life with laughs and smile,
These memories last for miles and miles.

When she is by your side, the world is filled with life,
When she is not around, your days are full of strife.
A sister is a blessing, who fills your heart with love,
She flies with you in life with the beauty of a dove.

A companion to whom you can express your feelings,
She doesn’t let you get bored at family dealings.
Whether you are having your ups or downs,
She always helps you with a smile and never frowns.

With a sister you cannot have a grudge,
She is as sweet as chocolate and as smooth as fudge.
Having a sister is not just a trend,
It is knowing you can always turn to her, your best friend.


Source: Why I Love My Sister, The Importance Of A Sister, Sister Poem http://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/why-i-love-my-sister#ixzz1bGht2buU
Family Friend Poems

Here is to hoping my girls have this kind of a wonderful relationship.

1 comment:

  1. I have always wanted a sister.... I love that your girls are creating that special sister bond. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete