Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Wednesday: Why As Children Do We Want To Grow Up So Fast?

My birthday is in 6 days. I am going to be 38. I am getting closer to the big 40 and I am wondering why I was in such a big hurry when I was younger to hit that big 18 milestone??? I remember that there was a local club that you had to be 18 to get into....I remember once I hit 18 it really wasn't that great. I was working, I had my own car I would go out with friends but what on earth was so impressive about being 18? Other than the fact that I got into the dive club and could vote. That following year I turned 19, we took a vacation that summer with one of my really close friends at the time. We went to Panama City Beach Florida, Panama City Beach is home to Club La Vela you know the super club... You had to be 19 at that time to get in there.. 19 the magic number.. We saw male strippers while we were there at the time we thought that was the best thing around. I looked at the picture the other day and thought.. Wow what is so thrilling about these guys they all look kind of scummy to me. The next milestone was the 21st birthday, awww finally I could buy alcohol legally ;) NOT THAT I HAVE EVER BOUGHT ALCOHOL ILLEGALY BEFORE.I plead the fifth. I remember I worked on my 21st birthday. I rushed to the drivers license bureau to get that blue background license.. so long to the red warning flag background. I bought alcohol for the first time that night. Yes it was cool but was it really worth the longing for for years!? I am not in a hurry to grow up anymore, probably because I have realized that I want to take each day as it comes. Life isnt always how you imagine it to be. My daughter is always saying I can't wait until I am big... I want to be older. I always say "Honey don't rush growing up...enjoy every day." You cannot get time back but we can enjoy each moment as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment