Sunday, May 29, 2011

Looking at my son...

Today I looked at my son and realized in less than two weeks he is going to be ten. Where did the time go???? I am so proud of my son. For those of you who do not know he has autism. Zach did not talk until he was four. He has made leaps and bound over the last five years. We have tried alot of different things with zach, from the play project therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, some ABA therapy, gluten free, yeast free, casein free diet. I think these things have all helped zach to make progress. But, I think zach needs to take credit for some of the progress. He works hard. He initiates conversations with people and he attempts to be the "friendly" guy. Zach has a talent for google maps and we really do not need a GPS system when we have zach along. My son is one of the most remarkable people I know. He struggles with some things but at other things he completely excels. I cannot imagine what my life would have been like without him, he has taught me so much. He has taught me patience, he has taught me understanding and most of all he has taught me love. I love you zach and I am
so proud of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment