Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Why Wednesday: Hopes, Dreams and ambitions

As a child I remember Having lots of ambitons, I wanted to be a vet, I wanted to be a mom, I wanted to be a MARINE BIOLIGIST, until I found out you have to get into shark infested waters. In grade school my ambitions were to be liked and to have friends to play with. I know if only life was that simple. In Highschool my ambitions and hopes changed to becoming a teacher. In college my hopes and ambitions became a little clouded with trips to the bar and having the time of my life. I loved college!! My hopes, dreams and ambitions turned into finding the right guy and making it through school and having lots of fun while doing that. It took me 3 tries to find my mr. right.. Believe me the other three were definately Mr. Wrongs.. :) It only took me three times of changing my major to make it through school. I did not graduate with a teaching degree I graduated with a liberal arts degree, during my stay in school I went from an elementary ed major, to a fashion merchandising major to a liberal arts major. Basically I was just ready to get out of school and that was the easiest way out. I found my Mr. right and was ready to get on with my life. My new hopes, dreams and ambitions were getting this guy to settle down and marry me ;) and starting a family some day.In the mean time I returned to school to pick up early childhood classes. Well, I wrangled my guy into marriage although I don't think it took much. And unfortunately, we had to wait four years to have our baby. My hopes, dreams and ambitions changed once again, I was in a wonderful job working for the state of illinois but my new hope and ambition was to be able to spend as much time with my son as I could. I left my job to be a stay at home mom when my son was one. Through the following years my hopes and dreams changed I hoped and dreamed for my son. When he was 3 he was diagnosed with autism, My hopes at that time were please let him talk. My dreams were please let us make it through this nightmare, my ambitions were to do everything in my power to help him. Through this time I met some tremendous people that I know were brought to me on purpose, I do not know what my life would be like without them. Through the years my hope changed to having more children. With the birth of my two daughters that hope was fulfilled. The point of this post is, as a person, you may have many hopes and dreams and ambitons, but I think it is only natural that as our lives mature and we change, that our hopes,dreams and ambitons are going to change as well. I think that is ok. Because holding onto a dream that you had as a child sometimes is not always realistic when you are an adult. My hopes, dreams and ambitions at this point are for my childrens future. I want them to be succesful and happy. MY personal hopes, dreams and ambitions come to me on a day to day basis, because I never know what tommorrow is going to bring. Here is to you fulfilling your hope, dreams and ambitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment