Monday, May 23, 2011

My girl

I have to tell this story because it really touched me. My middle daughter is four she has a strong personality and we bump heads sometimes. She is the type of person that can be the most loving caring kid and then in the next minute this evil screaming banshee appears out of nowhere. :) My new favorite pasttime has become frequenting the goodwill, salvation army and consignment shops. My daughters have accompanied me on many trips to the salvation army. My middle daughter thinks this store is great. She has no problem telling people my mom bought these for me at the salvation army.... I do not have a problem with this I think sometimes other people have a problem with this. I recently ran into a consignment shop while she was at preschool..My goal was to find her a new ballet leotard. I found the leotards of all leotards......CINDERELLA!!!! My daughter was ecstatic about this purchase!!!!! Best $3.98 I have ever spent. But here is the real story. My daughter dressed for ballet in her leotard of all leotards and you could tell the minute she put it on she thought she was it baby!!! twirling and dancing. When we arrived at ballet she made a point to show all her little friends her new suit. But here is the good part, as i was sitting in the waiting area I could here my daugher talking to her dance teacher. She said " My mom got me this from the salvation army and she got it for me because I am so special and she loves me
!!!!" It just really touched my heart it amazes me how sometimes the little things are what make a difference! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment