Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Way We Percieve

I am guilty. I am so guilty of looking at someone or their situation and thinking something that might not be true. I have tried for the most part to be non judgemental when it comes to people. I have a child with Autism, therefore I am the first to yell loudly from the tallest building " DO NOT JUDGE WHAT YOU DON"T KNOW!!" but I let it slide. I have found myself lately judging individuals by the way they come off socially, And what I mean by that is. I take people by the first impression I get of them. I am ashamed of myself and quite honestly not quite sure,  why?? I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I have lost 100 plus pounds to regain, I have loss thirty here, forty here. I struggle on a daily basis. I am an emotional eater. I fear people judge me for the way I look. Not by what kind of person I am, or the Great personality I have... wink wink. . My son doesn't always leave a wonderful first impression. The first thing he does is run up to you and almost immediately ask you what town you were born in and what city you live in. A little over bearing and somewhat strange.. yes I know. But if you would stick around to get to know him better. You would find out how intelligent and well just plain awesome he is. I am going to try harder to not take people by the first impression. It might be an off day or an off month. But what I fear Is  I  am missing out on getting to know some really great people all because I didn't get pass the dreaded first impression.


It's pretty simple, pretty obvious: that people's first impressions of people are really a big mistake.
Vincent D'Onofrio quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment